Centrepoint is a ground-breaking mixed use development fronting Portage Avenue between Donald Street and Hargrave Street, directly across from the MTS Centre – the home of the Winnipeg Jets. Covering one city block, this 20-storey, 200,000 square foot signature downtown tower includes a 154-room boutique hotel, two unique restaurants with patios, four floors of Class ‘A’ office space and a 400+ stall parkade.
The project was jointly developed by Longboat Development Corporation and Artis REIT in the heart of the newly appointed Sports Hospitality and Entertainment District (SHED)
Centrepoint is surrounded by established businesses and has been the first step in the creation of the SHED.
The home of the Winnipeg Jets will bring crowds of over 15,000 to every home game plus many more gathering in the surrounding restaurants and lounges. Together with concerts and special events at the MTS Centre and other nearby downtown venues.
- Concourse/walkway connectivity just outside Centrepoint door – Winnipeg’s downtown skywalk system connects 38 buildings together, including the MTS Centre, the Millennium library, the Winnipeg Convention Centre and a myriad of shopping centers, offices, hotels and restaurants
- Winnipeg’s downtown is experiencing tremendous residential growth, with developments such as Waterfront Drive condominiums and residences on York
- Shaw baseball park is home to the american association’s Winnipeg Goldeyes, who welcome over 300,000 fans each year
- The Canadian Museum for Human Rights is scheduled to open in 2012 and will be the first national museum based outside of Ottawa
- The Winnipeg Convention Centre has undergone an expansion that increased its size to 260,000 square feet of rentable space making it the fourth largest publicly owned convention centre in the country
- The Forks is Winnipeg’s premier tourist destination, attracting four million visitors each year to a 54 acre site, and is a beacon of history and culture.